Ham Breakfast Omelette
Make a Tassie breakfast with this tasty omelette featuring quality local produce.
- 3 Tasmanian free range eggs
- 10g unsalted butter
- 30g Ashgrove Signature Cheddar Cheese
- 2-3 slices Ziggys Champagne Ham, finely chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together and season with salt and pepper.
- Over low-medium heat, melt the butter in a frying pan. Pour in the eggs and cook until the bottom of the omelette is lightly set. Using a spatular, gently push the set parts of the omelette into the uncooked centre of the omelette. Cook again, until the omelette has set further, then push those set parts into the centre of the omelette again. Repeat the process until the eggs have just set but the omelette is still soft in the centre.
- Sprinkle the cheese and ham onto the centre of the omelette and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Increase the heat to high and cook the omelette for a further 30 seconds, or until it browns on the bottom.
- Fold the omelette in half, then remove the pan from the heat and tilt the pan slightly to slide the omelette onto a serving plate.
- Serve with Tasmanian-made tomato relish.