Red Wine Braised Beef Cheeks
From our friends at Australian Beef, this winter warmer is perfect for a cold night and can be prepared in advance so it's ready when the work day is done.
- 4 x beef cheeks, trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC.
- Place a casserole pot over a moderately high heat and cook the beef cheeks in the oil for 3 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic to the pan and cook for a minute or until lightly coloured.
- Add the beef cheeks along with the thyme, wine and stock and bring to the boil. Cover and place in the oven for 2-2 ½ hours or until the cheeks are very tender.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with cauliflower puree or creamy mashed potato and a kale salad.
Click here for the original recipe from Australian Beef.