Roasted Lamb Shoulder & Potatoes
Slow roasting this boneless lamb shoulder on a bed of potatoes makes for a perfect Sunday roast.
- Ziggys Lamb Shoulder Roast Rolled and Seasoned
- 1.5kg baby potatoes
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 shallots, halved
- 5 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves only
- Freshly ground salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 230C.
- In a large roasting pan, toss the potatoes with olive oil and oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- In a food processor, add 2 tbsp olive oil, the lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, rosemary leaves, salt, pepper, garlic and shallots. Puree and spread all over the lamb shoulder. Place the lamb over the potatoes.
- Add enough stock to cover the potatoes to about halfway. Place the tray in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, reduce the heat to 150C and place aluminium foil loosely over the top of the roast. Return to the oven for 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue roasting for another 1.5 hours, occasionally basting the lamb shoulder with the pan drippings.
- To Serve, remove the lamb and potatoes from the tray, reserving drippings to make gravy.