Twin Roasted Chickens
Roasting two chickens at once can be faster and easier than larger roasts and the result is a tasty feast!
- Marion Bay Free Range Twin Pack Whole Chickens
- 700g cocktail potatoes, diced to 5cm squares
- 3 large Royal Gala apples, cored and diced to 5cm squares
- 2 onions, diced to 5cm squares
- 3/4 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into thin ribbons
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and cracked pepper
- fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 220C and peel the onions.
- Place the potatoes, apples, onions and cranberries in a roasting pan. Add salt and pepper to taste and one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix all together well until evenly coated and spread out evenly throughout the pan. Distribute the butter slices evenly over the top of the fruit and vegetable mixture.
- Place a roasting rack on top of the fruit and vegetables.
- Place the chickens on top of the roasting racks and rub 1 tablespoon each of olive oil all over each chicken. Season with salt and pepper generously and sprinkle thyme generously over the entire roasting pan, including on the chickens.
- Reduce the oven heat to 200C and place the roasting pan with chickens into the middle of the oven. Roast for 20 minutes per 450g, plus an additional 20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow the chicken to rest on a carving board for 10 minutes.
- Serve with the roasted vegetables and fruit.